An integrative pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the treatment of children with a variety of conditions. They may use a combination of traditional and alternative therapies to help their patients recover from illness and live healthier lives. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common conditions that an integrative pediatrician treats.
- Allergies: An integrative pediatrician treats allergies in children by combining traditional medical treatments, such as medications and immunotherapy, with alternative therapies that focus on strengthening the immune system. This may include nutritional counseling, herbal remedies, and homeopathy.
- Asthma: Integrative pediatricians use a variety of strategies to treat asthma in children. These include dietary changes, lifestyle modifications, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques, air purification systems, and herbal remedies like ginger and garlic extract.
- Autism: Integrative pediatricians view autism as being caused by an underlying biochemical imbalance. They use diet modifications to restore balance in the body while using supplements and natural therapies to support the nervous system function properly.
- Chronic Illnesses: Integrative pediatricians recognize that chronic illnesses such as diabetes and ADHD require more than just medication to be managed properly. They work with parents to develop nutrition plans, lifestyle modifications, and therapies such as yoga or massage that can help improve their child’s overall health.
- Digestive Disorders: An integrative pediatrician understands the importance of proper digestion in overall health and well-being. To treat digestive disorders they offer dietary advice, supplement recommendations, herbal remedies and probiotic therapy.
- Ear Infections: Integrative pediatricians use natural treatments like probiotics, vitamin C supplements and herbal tinctures to boost a child’s immune system while addressing any underlying causes of the infection.
- Sleep Issues: A lack of sleep can lead to a range of problems like poor concentration, irritability and even weight gain in children. So an integrative pediatrician may recommend things like herbal supplements, relaxation techniques and dietary modifications to help improve their patient’s sleep quality.
Integrative pediatricians use a combination of natural and medical treatments to help their patients recover from illness and live healthier lives. If you have a child who is struggling with any of the above conditions, it may be worth considering consulting an integrative pediatrician for treatment.
How To Find The Best Integrative Pediatrician
1. Ask Around Your Family And Friends For Referrals – Word of mouth is often the best way to find a reliable pediatrician. Ask people you trust, such as family members, neighbors and close friends, if they have any recommendations. They could provide valuable insight into what makes a good integrative pediatrician.
2. Research Online – The internet is one of the most powerful tools to use when searching for medical professionals; it can provide you with important information about potential candidates quickly and easily. Look up reviews from past patients on doctor’s directories or even personal blogs where individuals have shared their experiences with particular doctors in your area.
3. Check Credentials – Make sure that any integrative pediatrician you are considering has their board certification and any additional qualifications that may be relevant. You can also find out if they have been reprimanded in the past or had their license removed.
4. Meet With Potential Candidates – Once you’ve narrowed down your list of choices, make an appointment to meet with each doctor face-to-face and ask questions about their approach to treating pediatric patients and how familiar they are with integrative medicine. This is your chance to get a feel for what it would be like to work with this particular doctor and decide if they are the right fit for you and your family’s needs.
5. Talk To Other Parents – Ask around at playgroups or school activities for parents who have already gone through the process of finding an integrative pediatrician. These individuals can provide you with valuable information and advice on what to look for when choosing the right doctor. This is also a great way to get more referrals and suggestions on potential candidates.
Finding the right integrative pediatrician can be a stressful process, but it doesn’t have to be if you are prepared and do your research. Use these tips to help you find the best possible doctor for your family’s health needs!
When it comes to providing care for children using an integrative approach, there are a wide variety of problems that can be treated. If you are looking for the finest integrative pediatrician, you should make sure to do your homework and locate one that is certified and has expertise working with children before making a decision. If you find the appropriate kind of medical professional, it won’t be long before your child starts to feel better.
Do You Need a Functional Medical Clinic You Can Trust?
As you know Functional Medicine asks how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. Our goal for all of our patients at Hope for Healing is to optimize whole health, wellness, immunity, and longevity and find and fix the root problems permanently. All of our licensed medical providers have been trained by the Institute for Functional Medicine (ifm.org) and work collaboratively as part of the provider team under the leadership and direction of Paula Kruppstadt MD DABP FAAP IFMCP. We are trained to listen to our patients and take the time to do an appropriate root-cause analysis to find and implement permanent solutions together. If this sounds like we’d be the right fit for you, contact us today at (281) 725-6767!
The materials available on this website are for informational and entertainment purposes only and not for the purpose of providing health advice. You should contact your physician to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking medical, legal or other professional advice. The information presented on this website may not reflect the most current medical developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained on this website and we disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.