If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional pediatric care, you may want to consider integrative pediatric medicine. Integrative pediatricians treat children using a holistic approach, which means they consider the child’s physical, emotional, and social health when providing treatment. There are many benefits of being treated by an integrative pediatrician, including improved overall health, better sleep quality, and reduced stress levels. In this article, we will discuss the 7 key benefits of being treated by an integrative pediatrician.
1. Improved Overall Health: An integrated pediatrician examines the kid as a whole, taking into account not only the child’s physical health but also their emotional and social requirements as well. This all-encompassing method is intended to give long-term benefits for a child’s overall health, since it has the potential to lessen the severity of existing conditions or stop sickness from occurring in the first place.
2. Better Sleep Quality: Integrative pediatricians place an emphasis on the development of healthy sleeping patterns and the enhancement of the quality of sleep by analyzing factors such as diet and lifestyle that are known to have an effect on sleep. This benefit is especially helpful for youngsters who are having problems sleeping because research has shown that getting adequate restorative sleep is vital for maintaining good physical and mental health.
3. Reduced Stress Levels: When it comes to assisting children in managing stress and anxiety, integrative physicians often turn to several methods of stress reduction. Exercises designed to induce a state of relaxation, such as yoga and mindfulness meditation, as well as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), are examples of some of these treatments. According to research, these strategies are beneficial in lowering the levels of stress experienced by children, which can lead to improvements in both their physical and mental health.
4. Improved Cognitive Ability: It has been discovered that children who receive integrative pediatric care have improved memory and focus skills in comparison to children who receive traditional care. This is most likely due to the holistic approach that is taken by integrative pediatricians; this approach takes into consideration not only a patient’s physical health but also their social and emotional needs, making it possible to take a more all-encompassing approach to maximizing cognitive performance.
5. Enhanced Immunity: According to a number of studies, treatment from an integrative pediatrician can boost the immune system, making it easier for children to fend off infections and other illnesses. This occurs as a result of the emphasis placed on nutrition, lifestyle, and the management of stress that is a component of the integrative approach.
6. Improved Mood: When treating children, integrative pediatric care takes a holistic approach to mental health, which includes looking at a variety of aspects in addition to food and exercise, such as the amount of stress the child is under and the quality of sleep they get. This all-encompassing method can help improve mood by addressing the underlying causes of emotional disturbances and offering more immediate relief from symptoms, both of which are important components of the treatment process.
7. Better Quality Care: Finally, when compared to traditional pediatrics, the degree of care that is provided by integrative pediatric care for children is far higher. Integrative doctors are able to spend more time with each patient and get to know them on an individual basis, which enables them to tailor therapies to match the particular requirements of each kid. Because it ensures that children are getting the most thorough treatment that is currently available, this level of individualized care can be good for both a child’s physical and emotional health.
In general, integrative pediatric treatment has several advantages, including many physical benefits, such as improved quality of sleep and overall wellness, as well as immune system benefits and emotional benefits. Think about scheduling an appointment with an integrative doctor if you’re seeking for a fresh take on the conventional methods of childcare. Because of the holistic approach they use, they are able to assist in ensuring that your child receives the most all-encompassing treatment possible.
Do You Need a Functional Medical Clinic You Can Trust?
As you know Functional Medicine asks how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. Our goal for all of our patients at Hope for Healing is to optimize whole health, wellness, immunity, and longevity and find and fix the root problems permanently. All of our licensed medical providers have been trained by the Institute for Functional Medicine (ifm.org) and work collaboratively as part of the provider team under the leadership and direction of Paula Kruppstadt MD DABP FAAP IFMCP. We are trained to listen to our patients and take the time to do an appropriate root-cause analysis to find and implement permanent solutions together. If this sounds like we’d be the right fit for you, contact us today at (281) 725-6767!
The materials available on this website are for informational and entertainment purposes only and not for the purpose of providing health advice. You should contact your physician to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking medical, legal or other professional advice. The information presented on this website may not reflect the most current medical developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained on this website and we disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.