We offer Pediatric Primary Care for patients from birth through age 21 utilizing a functional medicine approach.
About Dr. Paula Kruppstadt, one of the best Functional Medicine Doctors
Dr. Kruppstadt graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in 1990. She completed her pediatric internship and residency at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso in 1993. She promptly earned her Board Certification from the American Board of Pediatrics in 1993 and she is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
She served as a U.S. Army pediatrician at Ft. Hood, Texas and then relocated to The Woodlands, Texas in 1995. She has since worked as a general pediatrician in various venues, including Texas Children’s Pediatrics and Texas Children’s Urgent Care. Dr. Kruppstadt also served as a pediatric hospitalist for Baylor College of Medicine at St. Luke’s Hospital in The Woodlands, Texas.
"Dr. Paula Kruppstadt is very caring, compassionate, thorough, detail-oriented, methodically looks for solutions, asks great questions, listens intently, and is the one you want leading the battle-charge against anything that is harming your health. Highest possible recommendations for the incredibly kind Dr. Kruppstadt." C.B.
Hope and Healing
"I told my husband (...a physician) that I felt like a little piece of my child was slipping away each day. Shortly after that, he was diagnosed with autism...We found Dr. Kruppstadt and she has worked miracles for our son. ..." E.F.
Got My Life Back
"...[Dr. K] is on the cutting edge of science and medicine and was able to reverse my autoimmune disease through her treatment." N.B.
Life Altering Care
At 10 years old,[my son] was having trouble concentrating at school, was exhibiting OCD behaviors and night disturbances and anxieties beyond what I could 'treat' on my own any longer. ...Through [Dr. K's] extensive testing and in depth analysis and explanations, I began to finally understand why my son was exhibiting those behaviors. ...[Dr. K] changed our lives." D.M.
- Health and wellness
- Underlying causes #get2theroot
- Patient + Doctor Partnership
- Holistic. Using a systems-oriented approach, functional medicine doctors looks at all aspects of the patient not just isolated symptoms or the chief complaint.
- Highly customized to the patient, considering biochemical individuality, including genetics.
- Cost effective. Sometimes requiring up-front investment to permanently solve issues. Save expenses for a lifetime. Maximize and optimize health, wellness, and longevity.
- Optimize whole health, wellness, immunity, and longevity.
Find and fix the root problems permanently.
- Usually start on time because the doctor sees only a handful of patients per day.
- Listen to patients. Teach and train patients. Take the time to do appropriate root-cause analysis to find and implement permanent solutions and to treat the whole patient.
- Emphasis on lifestyle changes, especially nutrition, and sustainable treatments that address the underlying causes.
- Prescribed only when warranted and nutritional, lifestyle, or holistic remedy is unavailable.
- Precise selection based on targeted, best possible outcome.
- Minimize side effects with consideration to genetics, gut-health, immunity, and wellness.